Search My Blogosphere

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sad Times for the Chickens

Nope, no one is dead, not to worry.

Hubby comes in this morning as I'm getting ready for the day after visiting the chickens and says "I think they're getting antsy.  Every time you go into the room they stare up at you expectantly, waiting for you to let them out."

I think he's right.  They are now 4 1/2 weeks old, which is the equivalent of adolescence.  My guess?  My pubescent chickens want some freedom!  Unfortunately the weather hasn't been cooperating...but as soon as it does, I'm going to set up a chicken wire "run" in the back yard and let them go to town!  ...  The only problem will be trying to get them back into their brooder, but that's under control, too; hubby's planning to build a coop asap, so soon enough they'll be set and have wings to fly.

Okay, they already have wings to fly, but you get the point.

Anyway, the chickens are grumpy, they're taking it out on each other, and I'm looking forward to giving them a little more room to grow and a chance to spread their wings.  Literally.  We'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, friends and readers...but do keep it appropriate!