Search My Blogosphere

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chicken Woes

Yesterday I posted a status update on facebook: "Dear Hen: SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!! You're a HEN, NOT a rooster! Get it through your thick skull, you stupid bird!!! Affectionately, Jessica PS: If you keep this up, I will be forced to give you away...or eat you. Just so you know."
A few hours later, my dear friend Cami posted a reply: "Dear Hen House Mistress, not only have you "disappeared" our fine feathered, sexy rooster who entertained us daily with his rooster dance and serenaded us every morning and evening, you have left us to fend for ourselves against marauding c...anines and slithering reptiles. I have been forced to relinquish all my feminine attributes in order to bring some level of comfort and security to my poor sisters. I am certain that you understand our need for the presence of a well built, articulate male, and implore you to bring us a new rooster, preferably with a sizable wattle and comb. Love Butch, formerly known as Henny Penny."

I am still laughing!

1 comment:

Comment away, friends and readers...but do keep it appropriate!